Gambling Support Service
Citizens Advice Scotland - Gambling Support Service
What is the service?
Citizens Advice Scotland (CAS) has been funded by GambleAware to deliver the Gambling Support Service across Scotland. The project aims to:
- Raise awareness of the impact of gambling harms in Great Britain
- Deliver training to frontline staff to increase capacity for recognising those at risk of, or experiencing gambling harms
- Provide holistic client advice through signposting, support and referrals to specialist services.
Where is the service?
The CAS Gambling Support Service project is delivered throughout Scotland.
Training and awareness sessions and additional client support are provided by four Training and Engagement Officers based in four participating Bureaux – Inverness, Badenoch & Strathspey, Southwest Aberdeenshire, West Lothian and Airdrie CABs - who work regionally and collaboratively to provide nationwide coverage of the service.
How do clients access the service?
Clients can access advice on gambling harms and associated issues by contacting our advisers through the following channels:
- Local Citizens Advice Bureau via phone, email or the local office
- Scotland’s Citizens Advice Helpline – 0800 028 1456
- Local outreach services (such as GP surgeries or a community hub)
How can I find out more about training sessions for staff?
This service delivers training to staff to help them recognise when someone is at risk of or already experiencing gambling harms. Training can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to book.